[PlanetCCRMA] Rosegarden + Fluidsynth-DSSI + Jack = problem

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 7 05:30:47 PDT 2009

> So on a hunch I started both qjackctl and rosegarden as root.  And that
> works - running as root makes the rt failure disappear and rosegarden
> works fine. Except that in January I didn't need to run anything as
> root :-)
>
> So can somebody suggest what broke during yum updates?

Difficult to say, but if it works ok as root and not as a normal user
I'd take a look at the contents of /etc/security/limits.conf

See if you have a section like this.

## Automatically appended by the Planet CCRMA jack-audio-connection-kit
* - rtprio 99
* - memlock 4194304
* - nice -10

Make sure you are using the rt kernel.