[PlanetCCRMA] odd jack pseudo crash

pyrael admin.covenantofblood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 04:39:14 PDT 2008

recently, when I try to use effects plugins, jack will seem to crash. I've
tried in ardour, rosegarden and Jack Rack it's like jack just disconnects
the application from the server and won't allow it once i try to enable the
plugin.

The only error I get is this:

07:24:24.299 ALSA connection change.
subgraph starting at qjackctl timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=20, status = 0,
state = Running, pollret = 0 revents = 0x0)
07:24:57.882 JACK connection graph change.
cannot create new client; jack_rack_22345 already exists
cannot complete client connection process
07:25:01.874 ALSA connection graph change.

This mostly seems to happen with certain Amp ad cabinet simulators, such as
AMP VTS and Tone Stack LT (Tone Stack works) although it happens with other
plugins as well.

Fedora 9
kernel 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686
jackd version 0.112.0
qjackctrl version 0.3.1a
alsa version 1.0.17

Any Ideas on what's wrong here?
My system is up to date also, however due to my inability to figure out the
nVidia drivers, I am forced to use the stock F9 kernel.

Thanks in advance
Pyrael

-----
I have gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, tell me to
wait.