[PlanetCCRMA] pulseaudio and ice1712

Arthur arthura at cox.net
Thu Oct 30 10:49:23 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I've just installed fc9 and the ccrma kernel. I noticed that there are
automatic entries in /limits.conf for pulseaudio. I have an m-audio
delta 44 (which uses the ice1712 module) and the last time I tried to
get it working with pulseaudio I failed and simply did: yum remove
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio to get alsa working. This installation is for
use with qjackctl, ardour and rosegarden etc. and my question is this:
do I want to bother with pulseaudio or am I better off just disabling
it:? Are there any advantages to using pulseaudio on a DAW?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Arthur