[PlanetCCRMA] Call me stupid, but...

Thu Oct 16 20:39:15 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 20:43 +0000, William M. Quarles wrote:
> I'm trying to find how to give the PlanetCCRMA repositories
> higher priority than the Fedora ones, and I can't seem to find
> a good answer to that on the Internet. Also, I was wondering how
> to get the source packages for PlsnetCCRMA, as I would like
> to compile my own kernel, and the information found on
> <http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilekernel.html>
> is seriously outdated.

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/

That has not so recent stuff. More recent .src.rpm's can be found in
version specific repositories (location changed when I upgraded my build
system):

For example, for fc8:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/8/SRPMS/

On kernels:

I've been compiling and trying newer kernels. A couple of days ago I
thought that 2.6.26.6-rt10 was good until I got a complete freeze this
morning (well, after upgrading to rt11, maybe that was it?). Still, much
better than what versions > 2.6.24 had been so far. Sigh. 2.6.24.7-rtxx
is so far the best, but at CCRMA we have seen X segfaults with that one
under _fc9_. On the other hand I have been running 2.6.26.6-rt11 for the
whole day on my fc8 laptop with no mishaps so far.