[PlanetCCRMA] Sulfur: works out of the box

Sun May 18 11:57:03 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 00:29 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
> <nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 11:15 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> >
> > So we'll have to collectively wait for the rt patch set to make it to
> > 2.6.25 land...
>
> It looks like the RT patches for 2.6.25 have been posted today (
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/ ).

Arghh, more work...

> Also it's very
> strange that the Juju firewire stack is still broken in the FC9
> kernels for audio and video devices so it looks like we will still
> require a special build of libraw1394 in order to use Freebob.

Still broken?
Sigh... this is ridiculous...

I tried the latest rt patch with 2.6.25.4 and the latest round of Fedora
patches for f9. Builds file but the result is a kernel that panics on
boot in my laptop (this is tested on fc8 but I don't see why that should
matter).

So, no luck so far....