[PlanetCCRMA] frebob / edirol fa-66

Nexxus Six nexxusix at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 00:02:27 PDT 2008

Hi all...
I'm considering purchasing an Edirol FA-66 Firewire Interface, and was wondering if anybody on the CCRMA list has had any experience with freebob / jack and firewire interfaces in general? Any complaints? How is the latency? Any tips or tricks / workarounds? I have read that some of the hardware functions are not always available in the software drivers, is this right?

I am also considering the USB version - UA-25 as well. Both Edirol interfaces are supported by Alsa or freebob.

Thanks for your input... I should be making a purchase soon, and would appreciate any advice or first-hand experience I can get...

Thanks,
NexxuSix