[PlanetCCRMA] should I upgrade to FC8 + Planet?

David Forsyth steampipe at iwr.ru.ac.za
Sun May 11 13:57:05 PDT 2008

I have access to a local FC mirror, but it only holds the latest
version, in this case FC8.   I'm seeing a number of posts relating to
issues with FC8 and I'm concerned.  Maybe I should be moving to FC7
instead? (from FC6 which is obviously just about to expire entirely, and
in fact the packages are not being updated much anymore).

of course, FC7 would be an issue unless I can find a local with a DVD.
we have internet quotas to control bandwidth usage (because bandwidth
here is very very expensive), which in effect means I can download 392MB
every 14 days.  thus, a DVD or even a CD iso put me into the block list
for 14 days.  sigh.  so using the FC8 from the local mirror would be
useful, but I don't really want to be fighting to get jack and ardour
working (again)

--
David                       http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/
If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know",