[PlanetCCRMA] Need help getting realtime kernel working with Fedora 8 and nvidia

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Wed May 7 23:12:10 PDT 2008

Hi Paul,

What I do to get Nividia going with the CCRMA kernels is:

I download the driver installer from the Nvidia web site:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html (You have to do this every time
you install or update a CCRMA kernel). Then you have to run the
installer out of X. The way I do is I boot the CCRMA kernel and when X
fails to load I login, then become root and execute the Nvidia
installer, follow the instructions and then reboot.
I think in order for it to work you have to uninstall any other Nvidia
rpm installed from livna. Let me know if you need a more detailed
guide (it's a little bit late here).

Cheers,

Hector