[PlanetCCRMA] Midi Sync: Jack? se24? Renoise?

Nexxus Six nexxusix at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 02:54:58 PDT 2008

Fernando,
I'm playing around with ReNoise, and I'm trying to transfer my sequences I made on Seq24 to Renoise. Renoise seems to have lot of options for receiving or transmitting MIDI clock, and in fact will  start it's metronome, but when it records the notes from Seq24, all of the notes are "crammed  together". The notes are correct, but the timing is wrong. I have tried several combinations of Jack, Seq24, and ReNoise, as slave or master, but nothing seems to work. I can either record the notes unsynchronized, or get synchronization, and no notes recorded.

Questions:
Does Jack supply a Midi clock? I can see the time increment, but what about BPMs?
What does the Midi driver Seq or Raw do for Jack?
Is there a "midi clock" application for Linux that would act as a master clock for all of the applications?

Thanks,
NexxuSix