[PlanetCCRMA] FC8, experience so far + pulse audio ...

Wed May 7 02:32:13 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 19:28 +1000, Nicholas Manojlovic wrote:
> A point;
>
> Stanford is the world renowned and recognised resource on computer
> music, so why is Fedora doing the packaging?

The packaging of what? Generic audio packages? Pulse Audio?
Short answer:

  resources

(or rather, scarcity of resources)

Packaging is a very very time consuming job, the more help CCRMA can get
from Fedora the better. Ideally the community would eventually take over
most of the packages.

-- Fernando