[PlanetCCRMA] problems with Supercollider

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:10:01 2008

Hi,

I just installed all the Supercollider packages available at the CCRMA
repos (I'm new to SC) but I can't get it to work. I'm following
Fernando's guide available here:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/supercollider-en/index.html
but I'm getting these messages:

At startup, running emacs -sclang

Could not connect socket
Emacs: Initializing lisp interface.
LID: event loop started
Class tree inited in 0.04 seconds
StartUp done.
Emacs: Built symbol table in 0.182 seconds

And then trying to execute the example available in the "3. The first
four beeps" section:

Starting the server (ctrl-c ctrl-c on the first line):

booting 57110
localhost
Using vector unit: yes
exception in GrafDef_Load: UGen 'AnalyseEvents2' not installed.
while reading file
'/home/hector/music+audio/electroacoustic/supercollider/synthdefs/analyseeventsdatabase2.scsyndef'
exception in GrafDef_Load: UGen 'AnalyseEvents2' not installed.
while reading file
'/home/hector/music+audio/electroacoustic/supercollider/synthdefs/segmentation1.scsyndef'
exception in GrafDef_Load: UGen 'AnalyseEvents2' not installed.
while reading file
'/home/hector/music+audio/electroacoustic/supercollider/synthdefs/segmentation2.scsyndef'
exception in GrafDef_Load: UGen 'AnalyseEvents2' not installed.
while reading file
'/home/hector/music+audio/electroacoustic/supercollider/synthdefs/analyseeventsdatabase1.scsyndef'
SSE2 detected
JackDriver: client name is 'SuperCollider'
JackDriver: couldn't connect  alsa_pcm:capture_1 to SuperCollider:in_1
JackDriver: couldn't connect  alsa_pcm:capture_2 to SuperCollider:in_2
JackDriver: couldn't connect  SuperCollider:out_1 to alsa_pcm:playback_1
JackDriver: couldn't connect  SuperCollider:out_2 to alsa_pcm:playback_2
SuperCollider 3 server ready..
notification is on
Zeroconf: registered service 'SuperCollider'

The "couldn't connect errors" are obviously because Freebob names the
ports differently (I have to find how to set up this in SC).

And then ctrl-c ctrl-x on the SynthDef region:

ERROR: Parse error
   in file 'selected text'
   line 10 char 2:
  })•¥