[PlanetCCRMA] Noteedit and PlanetCCRMA

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sat Jun 28 09:33:37 PDT 2008

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Nick Metrowsky wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have tried to build Noteedit and tse3 on Fedora 9. Unfortunately, tse3 will
> not build properly. The original author of Noteedit has come up with a
> replacement tool called NtEd. In order to use NtEd, one needs to convert
> Noteedit files to MusicXML format. The author does not plan to conversion
> tool as part of NtEd. In addition, a patch needs to be applied to Noteedit
> proper in order to support the "not" MusicXML conversion.

I have succesfully built rpm packages (tse3 and noteedit) for personal use
on my Fedora 7 system, and have included the NusicXML-export patch that
the NtEd/noteedit author recommends on his website. I will also try to
build on Fedora 8 on my other computer one of these days. I have not tried
Fedora 9 yet.

--

Martin Tarenskeen