[PlanetCCRMA] librubberband.so

andersvi at extern.uio.no andersvi at extern.uio.no
Thu Jun 12 03:16:00 PDT 2008

    J> When I first installed CCRMA in Fedora 8, I had a problem
    J> getting sonic-visualizer running, it complained about a missing
    J> librubberband.so file.  So I added it from find-rpm and
    J> sonic-visualizer worked.  Now I am installing updates, and
    J> sooperlooper fails to update, complaining about missing
    J> dependency, librubberband.so.1 required.

    J> Any hint on how to fix this?

I had the same problem yesterday when doing a full rpm/yum-based
upgrade from fc7 to fc8.

After setting up the planet-repositories and installing the kernel-rt
and things, and doing 'yum update' it stopped with an error on
dependencies on librubberband.so.1.  The rubberband-package and
library was installed by normal yum-ways earlier.

I removed rubberband and made a 'yum install planetccrma-apps' which
went right through - installing rubberband and sooperlooper as normal.
Dont know why.

-a