[PlanetCCRMA] Bay Area Computer Music Technology Group (BArCMuT) @ Digidesign, Thursday

Noah Thorp noah at listenlabs.com
Sun Jun 8 08:43:31 PDT 2008

Bay Area Computer Music Technology Group (BArCMuT)
7pm Thursday June 12th 2008 @ Digidesign
2001 Junipero Serra Blvd, Daly City , CA 94014
RSVP Here: http://electronicmusic.meetup.com/152/calendar/6921840/

Thank you to Digidesign for hosting our June meetup! Please note that
you must RSVP to be admitted to the event at Digidesign: http://electronicmusic.meetup.com/152/calendar/6921840/

The presenters this month will be:
* Digidesign project manager and electronic music composer Bobby
Lombardi (http://www.digidesign.com) will present on topics in Plug-In
design.  A video on his recent project, the guitar amp modeling plugin
Eleven, can be seen here in the "Behind Eleven" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAzyRm0zm_U&feature=user

* Rubyist Giles Bowket will present on "Archaeopteryx: A Ruby MIDI
Generator". A talk that he gave on this evolving project at the ruby
conference GoRuCo is posted here: http://goruco2008.confreaks.com/02_bowkett.html

* CNMAT Researcher Andrew Schmeder will present on the micro-OSC
project. Micro-osc is Open Sound Control (OSC) running natively on a
$25 PIC18F microcontroller board. The firmware itself is scheduled to
be released in June. Andy will bring instruments and sensors built on
the platform and will also give a quick review the OSC format. More
about OSC: http://opensoundcontrol.org/introduction-osc

* Lightning talks from 7 - 7:30pm. Adam Murray on Max & jRuby, Ge Wang
on the formation of the Laptop Orchestra of the Left, and you? If you
would like to give a 5 minute lightning talk on a project you are
working on, let me (Noah Thorp) know in advance or at the event.

Please RSVP as there will be sign in at the front desk: http://electronicmusic.meetup.com/152/calendar/6921840/

Note, this one is on the second Thursday of the month (June 12th)
rather than our usual first Thursday of the month. Also, we are
starting at 7pm rather than 7:30 to make room for lightning talks and
these excellent presenters. Snacks will be provided.

All the best,
Noah Thorp
Bay Area Computer Music Technology Group (BArCMuT)
Organizer