[PlanetCCRMA] pulse audio fedora 9 and delta 44

Michael Curtis lists at moltenmercury.org
Sun Jun 8 04:59:16 PDT 2008

On 08/06/2008, at 9:53 PM, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:

> It seams that pulse audio doesn't works with delta 44. Because I use
> jack for audio (almost for everything), and phonon-xine for the rest
> of consumer multimedia, can I unistall pulse audio without problems?
> Is there any inconveniences?

Pulse also has a jack output plugin, so you could do it that way if
you want to keep using pulse.  See the documentation on pulseaudio.org
for details.  I think for this to work [nicely] you might have to run
jack system-wide, which may cause you other issues.  It's probably
safe to uninstall pulse if you are careful to configure everything to
use alsa/jack directly (note, you can probably only have one alsa
client at a time, and almost certainly direct alsa output will not
coexist with jack).