[PlanetCCRMA] Problem running audio through jack

Reyort, Nav tennen_funk at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 13:53:19 PDT 2008

Hello Fernando,

Yes, the sound card on my computer is hda-intel.
When I tried 3 periods instead of 2, I hear clean sine tone from audio output now.

I tried running the command

jackd -R -d alsa -d hw -n 3

And terminal returned me following messages:
-----------------------
jackd 0.109.2
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

SSE2 detected
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|3|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 3 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 3 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 3 periods for playback
Does this mean jack is working properly?
Is there anywhere I can find document about jack so I can learn what all the parameters and set up work?

Akito