[PlanetCCRMA] Problem running audio through jack

Wed Jun 4 03:45:28 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 08:49 +0000, Reyort, Nav wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble tuning up the audio with jack.
> I do get a sound out of jack,
> but testing the audio output results in glitchy sound
> and extra noise is heard from output together with test sine tone.
> I used pd and supercollider to test the audio, but both resulted in similar
> result. Does anyone have any idea in how to properly run audio through jack?
>
> The system I am using is Fedora 8 and kernel version is 2.6.24.7-1.rt3.2.fc8.ccrmart.
> If you need any additional information from me, please let me know.

What soundcard to you have? And what parameters are you using to run it
from jack? If it is an hda-intel then you should try with 3 periods
instead of 2...

What happens if you run jack like this from a terminal?:

  jackd -R -d alsa -d hw -n 3