[PlanetCCRMA] JACK Rack and vkeybd

mrskinnyarms mrafoster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 19:35:08 PDT 2008

Paul Coccoli wrote:

> What version of jack-rack?  I have 1.4.6, and when I right-click on
> the enable button for a plugin, I get the "Add MIDI Control" option
> just like on a slider.
>
> By the way, another option would be to hack up a joystick and use
> aseqjoy to convert the button presses to MIDI CC.

This is true, it does that for me as well.
But I'm having trouble interfacing the Rack with vkeybd.

After adding a control for "enable", JACK Rack gives me the "JACK Rack midi
controls" window which looks something like...

Plugin            Control     Index      MIDI Channel     MIDI Control
Min Value    Max Value
Effect name    Enable           1                         0
0              0.00             0.00

I can only edit the MIDI Channel, MIDI Control, Min Value, and Max Value.
I'm looking to create a number of MIDI controls for the "enable" option of
different effects so I can turn each effect on and off in response to a
particular key being hit.