[PlanetCCRMA] JACK Rack and vkeybd

mrskinnyarms mrafoster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 21:46:10 PDT 2008

Hello,

I've been trying to find a way to use my keyboard to disable/enable LADSPA
effects under JACK Rack.
This would be especially useful during live performances where I could take
an old keyboard, rip most of the keys out (save for a few), and be able to
stomp on those keys in order to switch effects that are manipulating my
input.

I recently discovered that you can add midi controls to certain functions of
the plugins in the Rack, and I came up with the idea of using vkeybd to send
MIDI messages to JACK Rack which, if it worked, would serve my needs
perfectly.

I've been attempting to configure everything correctly, but have yet to have
any success.

Is this even viable?

I made sure vkeybd was routed to JACK Rack in JACK, but it seems like the
only fields I can edit under the Rack are MIDI Controller, MIDI Channel, and
values for the effects options.

Advice would be awesome!