[PlanetCCRMA] kernels and more kernels...

Tue Jul 8 05:38:18 PDT 2008

Hi all...
This time presenting a new kernel for Fedora 8 (for now). It is in the
planetcore-testing repository, and you will need to --allow-downgrade to
install it if you have already installed a 2.6.25.x based rt kernel in

The package name needed for the yum invocation is:

Based on:

-, latest bugfix release of the 24 series
- Ingo's realtime patch
- Fedora's kernel- patches
- MRG kernel iteration 62

Shaken, not stirred... :-) plus all patches that apply from the last Fedora
based kernel (and some that I tweaked to apply), plus some extra build
options borrowed from the MRG kernel configuration files.

Seems to work fine for me in my laptop - better than the 2.6.25.x based
kernels (no BUG's triggered so far). I intend to move it from testing to
stable soon so any feedback would be appreciated.

I could build a version for fc9 but I have not decided yet whether to
adapt the spec file to the new conventions of the 2.6.25.x based fc9
spec files or just build it as is. I would not be able to do any testing
prior to releasing it as I don't have a fc9 machine available here...

-- Fernando