[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour2 Pango Error

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:31:33 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I posted this error a while ago on the Ardour list but still have not found
a solution for the problem.  I had been working with a particular Ardour
session for a while when it crashed as I was recording. The session will no
longer open, although all my other ardour session on the same computer are
working fine. I have posted the error and my system details below.  Any help
is greatly appreciated.

OS: Fedora 8 Linux
Kernel: 2.6.25.9-1040.ez.fc8  (though I have tried booting various kernels,
including the newest ccrma and the error persists)
Ardour version: ardour-2.3.1-3.fc8

Error:

Pango-ERROR **: Unable to open font file
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf for font DejaVu Sans 9.9990234375,
exiting