[PlanetCCRMA] Intel HDA and Alsa/Jack

pyrael admin.covenantofblood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:26:56 2008

Ok, ok, I know that onboard is a bad thing, but until I can afford that
pretty little M-Audio 1010LT, I'm stuck with this. Besides, It will do 24
bit at 192k (I stick with with 24 at 44.1 myself).

Here's the question:

In the mixer for the HDA (RTL ALC 882), it shows me 4 capture sliders which
are assignable via the options tab.

Recording tab:
Capture, Capture 1, Capture 2, and  Digital

Options Tab:
Input Source: Mic, Front Mic, Line, CD
Input Source: Mic, Front Mic, Line, CD
Input Source: Mic, Front Mic, Line, CD

I set them so that they looked like this:
Input Source: Mic
Input Source: Front Mic
Input Source: Line

and assumed that I would be able to capture audio from any of them

In qjackctrl on the connection box, It shows alsa but with only two
connections, 1(L) and 2(R).

Is there a way that I can force something to make 4 or 6 connections to
alsa? or is this the limitations of my sound card?

Basically, I'd like to be able to connect Mic, Front Mic and line to
rosegarden and record 4-6 tracks simultaneously.

Thanks in advance