[PlanetCCRMA] udev hang

oliver hyde jamesvanderbeec at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 08:11:01 2008

--0-1433097502-1199895024=:34915

hi
I´ve just installed fedora 8 on my system. Have installed the ccrma packages as instructed on the site. When I boot, the system hangs at the starting udev stage. I´ve tried installing all of the previously released kernels, none of them work.

I´m running a lenovo thinkpad R61 8918-a11, core2 7100, 2gb ram, quadro nvs140, etc.

the standard fedora kernel works great. Is there an easy fix to this problem that won´t sacrifice my wireless and power management? or should I just wait ´till the issue is addressed in a new kernel?

suggestions appreciated

james

 Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.
--0-1433097502-1199895024=:34915