[PlanetCCRMA] FC8 basic install question

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 9 03:17:02 2008

I am planning to take the plung and install FC8. Previously when I fell
too far behinf the planet and upgraded (I'm currently at FC5) I replaced
the existing linux with the new one. This time I want to install FC8
without removing FC5 (at least till I have everythin working on FC8). So I
would like a bit of advice about doing that.
I currently have 2 partitions (+ a swap one)
- Ext3 with FC5 (containing both root installations and home directories.
I don't have a separate /root partition)
- FAT32 partition for sharing with windows system
So the first stage is creating another Ext3 partition for FC8, any
suggestions how big should I make it?
And after I install FC8, will I need some magic tricks to have grup
identify the new version on a different partition?
thanks
Oded

Oded Ben-Tal
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~oded