[PlanetCCRMA] drop outs with FC8 and latest CCRMA kernel

bH atorima at vfemail.net
Thu Jan 3 12:01:17 2008

<head>
</head>
Hector Centeno wrote:
 cite="mid695e1a650801011459r43c59aabrc6a607722277869a@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi,

Well, I recently tried using 2.6.22 and I had the same kind of problem
with Jack apps stopping streaming audio from time to time. I had to
finish a project so I installed Ubuntu in a different partition and
using their linux-rt kernel things worked quite smooth (going down to
8ms latency, no dropouts).
  </pre>
Did you install the linux-rt kernel in Ubuntu or use a variant distro
like Ubuntustudio?&nbsp; Just curious. I have a second machine available
now, that I am going to install, 64 Studio, on to test.&nbsp; All are
Debian-based, of course. I want to try something with perhaps, more
long term stability. I think, a good solid DAW system doesn't need to
change every time a developer comes out with a new widget or,
something.&nbsp; I have a hard time keeping up with all the Fedora changes
and fast paced release cycle.&nbsp; Beta testing on a production machine
isn't the best idea and Fedora seems like a never ending beta test. IMHO<br>
 cite="mid695e1a650801011459r43c59aabrc6a607722277869a@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">

Happy new year to you all!