[PlanetCCRMA] PlantCCRMA & Red Hat WS 5

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Jan 3 06:25:02 2008

On Thursday 03 January 2008, MICHAEL MCGINN wrote:
> I am using the current version of Red Hat (Red Hat WS 5) and trying to get
> PlanetCCRMA to work with it.

> I am using the installation instructions for Fedora 8 and receive an error
> as follows:

The closest you will get to RHEL5 in the planetccrma repos is going to be the
Fedora Core 6 version.  You may need the EPEL 5 repository also.  EPEL can be
found at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

But it may or may not work; YMMV, and I've not tried it on a true RHEL 5
install (nor have I tried on a CentOS 5 install, yet).

Note also that this might create problems with your Red Hat support that is a
part of RHEL.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer