[PlanetCCRMA] rt kernel

Sat Feb 23 12:43:01 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 18:34 +0100, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:
> the rt kernel on my fedora 8 86_64 make my computer go really slow.
> And the keyboard repeats the characters when I'm typing
>
> is a core2duo with dmraid and delta 44

Is this happening with the latest rt kernel (2.6.24.2-rt1) or all rt
kernels you have tried?

The symptoms point to a problem with internal timekeeping, does the
problem go away if you boot with the kernel option "idle=poll"?

[Ingo: don't know what's happening but the rt kernel has been having
some sort of timing problems, I'm surprised no more reports crop up in
lkml]

-- Fernando