[PlanetCCRMA] kmod-nvidia spec file kmodtools

Juan I Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Feb 20 13:49:01 2008

Hi,

On Fedora-8 while trying to build a new kmod-nvidia module for
Kernel-2.6.24.2-1.rt1.3.fc8.ccrmart , I don't seem to get the correct
Kernel version number while using livna's nvidia-kmod.spec file.

For what I see on the spec-file, there is a line,

# (un)define the next line to either build for the newest or all current
# kernels
define buildforkernels newest

If i leave this option and using,
rpmbuild -ba --target i686 nvidia-kmod.spec

 I get kmod-nvidia rpm modules for all the Fedora stock kernels I have
installed but not PlanetCCRMA's.

ls /usr/src/kernels indeed shows me sources for the ccrma-rt kernel:
drwxr-xr-x 19 root root 4096 2008-02-20 15:58 \
2.6.24.2-1.rt1.3.fc8.ccrma-rt-i686

but ccrma-rt sources don't seem to be recognized.

How can I build the correct kernel-version (ccrma-rt kernel), using the
livna spec file. Furthermore, how can I get kmodtools which seems to be
handling kernel-version numbers now, to read the ccrmart kernel version.

Sadly Matt Barber's hack doesn't work for me on Fedora 8 anymore.

 Thanks a lot!

  --* Juan Reyes