[PlanetCCRMA] Upgrade fails

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Feb 20 12:14:01 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 13:06 -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Yeah, I've been getting this for a week or so, too, on an otherwise fully
> > updated F8.  Seems sonic-visualiser needs to be rebuilt with the newer
> > libvamp, as the error happens when trying to update vamp-plugin-sdk.
> > I've been manually excluding the vamp update in the updater up until now.

> Could you send me the output of yum when it fails? I can't seem to
> reproduce that here...

Ok, got it figured out.  The Fedora Updates repo has vamp 1.1b in it, as you
can see below:

[root@dhcp-pool161 ~]# yum update
 * planetcore: ccrma.stanford.edu
 * livna: mirror.atrpms.net
 * fedora: ftp.usf.edu
 * planetccrma: ccrma.stanford.edu
 * updates: ftp.usf.edu
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
planetcore                100% |=========================| 1.9 kB    00:00
No Presto metadata available for planetcore
livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
No Presto metadata available for livna
fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
No Presto metadata available for fedora
planetccrma               100% |=========================| 1.9 kB    00:00
No Presto metadata available for planetccrma
updates                   100% |=========================| 2.3 kB    00:00
No Presto metadata available for updates
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libvamp-hostsdk.so.1.0.0 for package:
sonic-visualiser
---> Package vamp-plugin-sdk.i386 0:1.1b-3.fc8 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libvamp-hostsdk.so.1.0.0 is needed by package
sonic-visualiser
[root@dhcp-pool161 ~]# yum list|grep vamp
vamp-plugin-sdk.i386                     1.0-2.fc8.ccrma        installed
vamp-plugin-sdk.i386                     1.1b-3.fc8             updates
vamp-plugin-sdk-debuginfo.i386           1.0-2.fc8.ccrma        planetccrma
vamp-plugin-sdk-devel.i386               1.1b-3.fc8             updates
vamp-plugin-sdk-static.i386              1.1b-3.fc8             updates
[root@dhcp-pool161 ~]#
--
Lamar Owen
www.pari.edu