[PlanetCCRMA] new realtime kernels for f7/8

poderchang feed_me_up at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 18:21:01 2008

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> New realtime kernels are now available for f7 and f8, i386 and x86_64.
> They are based on 2.6.24.2 plus the latest 2.6.24-rt1 realtime patch
> from Ingo plus almost all patches from one of the latest Fedora
> development kernels[*] (2.6.24.2 contains security fixes for the latest
> vulnerabilities).
>
> The kernels also include the latest latencytop support but I have not
> had much time to test it[**].
>
> Enjoy!
> -- Fernando
>
> [*] latest wireless patches are not included for x86_64 as they fail to
> compile and I did not want to wait for updates.
>
> [**] see: http://www.latencytop.org/, I have yet to package the userland
> program (coming soon...).

i have never had issues when upgrading kernel-rt, except for the past 2
releases complicate my system and bring it to a crawl. the mouse can only
launch things and windows cannot be brought to focus and freeze if you
launch then via keyboard or mouse. everything becomes super slow as well.
any ideas?