[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA on Centos 5

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Sun Aug 24 04:17:23 PDT 2008

Hello,

First up, a big thank you to those responsible for making Planet CCRMA
available on Centos 5!

However (you knew that was coming), I've run into three issues so far:

1) I'm running Centos 5.2, fully up-to-date, on a Dell 4700.  During
start up with the CCRMA RT kernel the haldaemon locks and I have to
power off the machine.  The workaround was "chkconfig haldaemon off",
which is not ideal but so far I've not run into any issues as a result
of this.

It would be good to get to the bottom of the lock up, but I've no idea
how to go about debugging.

2) The Rosegarden4 RPM needs to have a few more requires added:
perl-XML-Twig, kdebase (for kdialog), and libsndfile (for
sndfile-convert).  Without these Rosegarden complains about not being
able to import and export project files.

3) The font used in Qjackctl messages window is corrupt.  See this
screenshot:

	http://www.passback.org.uk/tmp/qjackctl-message.png

Is there a fonts package I'm missing to clear up this corruption?

Thanks,

Keith.