[PlanetCCRMA] Upgrading a PlanetCCRMA box

Sat Aug 9 12:56:14 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 12:52 -0400, Paul Coccoli wrote:
> Is it possible to use the Fedora preupgrade tool to go from a
> PlanetCCRMA Fedora 7 box to 8?  Do I need to disable the CCRMA repos
> first?  Uninstall CCRMA packages?
>
> Has anyone tried?  Any gotchas?

I think I updated my f7 laptop to f8 using yum. I don't remember exactly
what I did :-( There are some guides online that tell you what to do, I
seem to remember I followed one. If you google you will find several...

One in the fedoraproject site is here:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

I do remember I did it from runlevel 3 (not in a full X login but a text
console). Safer that way just in case something messes up X during the
upgrade.