[PlanetCCRMA] problemillas at first jack startup

simone www.io-sound.org cimo75 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:10:42 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <
nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 22:10 +0200, simone www.io-sound.org wrote:
> > hi
> > i can t run jack with real time enable i get this:
> >
> > 21:57:02.928 /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -r44100 -p256 -n2 -D -Chw:0
> > -Phw:0
> > jackd 0.109.2
> > Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> > jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> > This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> > under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> > JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> > cannot use real-time scheduling (FIFO at priority 10) [for thread
> > -1208875328, from thread -1208875328] (1: Operation not permitted)
>
> Check the file /etc/security/limits.conf and verify that this is in
> there:
>
> ----
> ## Automatically appended by the Planet CCRMA jack-audio-connection-kit
> * - rtprio 99
> * - memlock 4194304
> * - nice -10
> ----

yep i ve already done that
now it just works cause i run as root to check jack in root and went back to
user
probably since it is the jack kit to patch limits.conf file and i ve
installed jack kit as user

it s all good now, fedora with planet ccrma kernel seems to be better
performing than ubuntu studio but sometime there is a bunch load of work on
the HD and it starts reading like crazy and eventually crashing jack

seems to me like a lack of memory but i haven t got this problem in ubuntu

isn t there a list of serivces that i can remove for better performance ?

thanks for support

Simone