[PlanetCCRMA] Midisport Firmware - x86_64

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Thu Oct 25 23:28:00 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 20:14 +0100, Alexander Smith wrote:
>> That would be great. I'm happy to test the file on my system.
Then Fernando replied:
>Ok, built and released on fc6/7 x86_64... not tested :-)

I had read the list mail and didn't think much of this because as much as I wanted to get hold of a 8x8 midisport; I could not find one and gave up.

Just a little while ago as I was checking for updates on Fedora 7 (64bit)(1) and came across the two packages that Fernando put together.  I decided to check them out when I saw that they also supported the Radium, I went and got our old Radium 49.

Well, for what it's worth, the Radium works fine as a keyboard and controller with the 64 build of the software.  I haven't checked out routing midi from the computer through the Radium's back panel midi out though.

I loaded up Qjackctl, WhySynth, amSynth, KMidimon;  and had some fun making funky sounds with it all.

Tracey

(1) I forgot to mention this before...
     Thanks Nigel for showing me how to get Apt and especially Synaptic working on Fedora 7.