[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA/NVidia

Louis van Dompselaar louis@dompselaar.org
Thu May 31 11:51:01 2007

--------------090503030300080602010107

I'd like to thank Matt again for the instructions below.  I only now came to
trying them and finally got kmod-nvidia-legacy to work on ccrma/fc6!

Matt Barber <mailto:brbrofsvl%40gmail.com>
/Sun May 20 13:09:03 2007/

You have to hack the spec file, and there are only a couple of things that
need to be changed for nvidia --

substitute your current ccrma kernel name  ( output of  uname -r )  for the
fedora kernel in kversion definition.  Mine looks like this:

%{!?kversion: %define kversion 2.6.21-0143.rt1.3.fc6.ccrmart}

in the kvariants definition line, remove all of the variants except
%{?upvar}  --  since you're not building variants for a xen kernel (etc...).

my line looks like this:

%{!?kvariants: %define kvariants %{?upvar}}

I usually delete all the corresponding preceding definitions as well,
leaving only

%define upvar ""

write it, and then

rpmbuild -ba --target i686 nvidia-kmod.spec

(this will make both the module and a .src.rpm for you to use later if you
wish)

--------------090503030300080602010107

<head>
</head>
I'd like to thank Matt again for the instructions below.&nbsp; I only now
came to<br>
trying them and finally got kmod-nvidia-legacy to work on ccrma/fc6!<br>
Matt Barber<a href="mailto:brbrofsvl%40gmail.com"
 title="[PlanetCCRMA] kmod-ntfs"></a><br>
<i>Sun May 20 13:09:03 2007</i>
<hr><!--beginarticle-->
<pre>You have to hack the spec file, and there are only a couple of things that
need to be changed for nvidia --

substitute your current ccrma kernel name  ( output of  uname -r )  for the
fedora kernel in kversion definition.  Mine looks like this:

%{!?kversion: %define kversion 2.6.21-0143.rt1.3.fc6.ccrmart}

in the kvariants definition line, remove all of the variants except
%{?upvar}  --  since you're not building variants for a xen kernel (etc...).

my line looks like this:

%{!?kvariants: %define kvariants %{?upvar}}

I usually delete all the corresponding preceding definitions as well,
leaving only

%define upvar ""

write it, and then

rpmbuild -ba --target i686 nvidia-kmod.spec

(this will make both the module and a .src.rpm for you to use later if you
wish)</pre>

--------------090503030300080602010107--