[PlanetCCRMA] crackling sound on F7 - using Csound in realtime

Hector Centeno hcengar@gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 04:14:01 2007

ok, now this is getting strange.. changing the PCI latency timer
didn't really make a difference, as soon as I increase the buffers in
Jack (i.e. something higher than 256x2 like for example 512x2 and also
setting the -B -b flags in Csound accordingly) I start getting
crackling on the right channel... but I found that if at the same
time, while Csound is running in realtime (and crackling like crazy),
I start another sound application that uses jack (like Ardour or
Aqualung player) the crackling disappears immediately! If I quit that
jack application without stopping Csound then the sound remains clean.
If I restart Csound (without any other app. running) the crackling
comes back, but if I restart Csound without closing the other jack
app. then Csound is clean! It's like the presence of another jack app.
at the same time makes Csound to enter in sync with jack properly...
or something like that.

Hector

p.d. I'm forwarding this to the Csound list

--
http://www.hcenteno.net