[PlanetCCRMA] sound card IRQ and crackling sound on F7

Tue Jun 12 16:48:01 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 19:30 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> Thank you for your advice. It says the Audiophile has a latency of 64
> which is what it's set at in the BIOS. Should I reduce this?

The latency in this context is how many pci cycles can the card use
before it has to give up the bus.

The point would be to see if there is another card that has that value
set very high and then can hog the pci bus itself and starve the
soundcard (64 sounds right for a default).

-- Fernando