[PlanetCCRMA] Install ipw3945 wireless module

Hector Centeno hcengar@gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 06:50:02 2007

John,

I recommend to use the packages at the freshrpms repository. They
worked perfectly fine in my laptop with FC6 and CCRMA kernel. All I
had to do was to install these 3 packages:

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/ipw3945d/ipw3945d-1.7.22-4.i386.rpm
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/ipw3945-firmware/ipw3945-firmware-1.14.2-1.noarch.rpm
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/dkms-ipw3945/dkms-ipw3945-1.2.1-1.noarch.rpm

The last one will automatically build the module for your kernel so
make sure you have installed the kernel headers package
kernel-rt-devel

Hope this works for you.

Now I installed Fedora 7 and the module is installed automatically and
I can connect but the laptop's wireless light is not working.

Hector