[PlanetCCRMA] Freebob jackd problem on Fedora 7-planetccrma RT kernel

Mon Jun 11 17:21:03 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 16:18 -0700, METAMATIC wrote:
> Hi
> i'm having some issues with the freebob driver.
> I have a fedora 7 distro with planetccrma RT patched kernel.
> When i try to start the jack server with freebob i get the following msg:
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
> Ieee1394Service::initialize: Could not get 1394 handle: Invalid argument
> Is ieee1394 and raw1394 driver loaded?
> Fatal (devicemanager.cpp)[68] initialize: Could not initialize
> Ieee1349Service object
> Fatal (freebob.cpp)[69] freebob_new_handle: Could not initialize
> device manager
> FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
> cannot load driver module freebob
>
> the modules seem to be loaded
>
> [metamatic@ppp-104-13 ~]$ /sbin/lsmod | grep 1394
> raw1394                32404  0
> dv1394                 23284  0
> ohci1394               38576  1 dv1394
> ieee1394              102392  3 raw1394,dv1394,ohci1394
>
> and /dev/raw1394 is present and +w

Have you tried loading the ieee1394 module? I think it is a separate
kernel module...

> any idea?

Does it work with the stock Fedora kernel?

The Fedora kernel is now using a new firewire stack but I have not
propagated that to the Planet CCRMA rt kernel (or know if it is even
possible with a rework of the patch). The two stacks are supposed to be
api compatible but maybe there's a difference somewhere.

-- Fernando