[PlanetCCRMA] Two sound cards

Christophe T christoph.t@gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 08:16:03 2007

2007/6/11, John Dey <jsdeyoptonline.net>:
> Hi List,
>
> I have a Thinkpad T60P laptop.  It has a Intel sound card built in.  I
> added a SIIG USB SoundWave 7.1 sound card and to my amazement the card
> was automatically configured and ran out of the box.  My problem is
> that it seems that every other boot the Intel sound card is configured
> but no sound results.  How can I correct the situation so that when the
> USB sound card is not plugged in, I can produce sound from the Intel
> card and when the USB sound card is present on boot that card always is
> used?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> I am aware and have seen a number of references re 2 sound cards but
> was unable to find any relevant info.  Any references to topics would
> also be useful to me.
>
> John Dey

I'm not an expert in managing 2soundcards (I sould learn more about
that,cause I also have an integrated intel and an external one [usb
m-audio]). You may configure that with system-configure-soundcard (and
choose wich is your "first" soundcard). In my case it works (I mean
when I boot without the external card, the integrated one is used,
otherwise, the sytem uses the usb as predeterminated)

--
Christophe T