[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Fedora 7 and Partitioning to prepare for CCRMA releases

Vivek Ayer vivek.ayer@gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 20:08:05 2007

Thanks for the advice. Well, I don't know what speed my internal runs
at. You could be correct about that. The external HD runs at 5400
which is considerably faster than 4500, so do you recommend that I do
all my recording on there and keep my apps installed on the internal
HD? Granted HD speed is more important than filesystems, still what
filesystems would you recommend? You seem to like ext3, but I've heard
XFS performs better.

For basic audio capturing in Audacity, I think it records a long track
chunk by chunk and stores the recording scratch as many small files,
which would suggest that it uses reiserfs. Still I'm not sure, but I'm
researching about it. Thanks for your help.

Vivek