[PlanetCCRMA] info driver ati fglrx installation on your kernel

Sat Jun 2 10:30:03 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 17:24 +0200, HeadTrip wrote:
> hi,guy
>
> at Firstly I arise; I'm Headtrip and I'm glad to knew you
>
> at secondly I'm sorry for my bad English; I'm Italian ;)
>
> So,I had met your great work from your web pages  and I've installed simply
> everything your compiled software on my system from your repository
>
> Now I have your kernel installed and all your software,but I have a question:
> as I've installed your kernel on my fedora 6, I don't manage to install ati
> driver on my system becouse before ,I got install fglrx modules from livna
> repository
>
> now if I try to install kmod-fglrx from livna repository, I get that it is not
> possible becouse the kernel whence it doing reference is not installed
>
> this is the error from yumex:
>
> Missing Dependency: kernel-i686 = 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6 is needed by package
> kmod-fglrx
>
> Can I have some information to install ati modules in my system please

You need to rebuild the package for the Planet CCRMA kernel. You need to
first install the "kernel-rt-devel" package so you have the right
headers available and then you have to download the .src.rpm that
corresponds to the kmod-fglrx and rebuild it for your new kernel...

Hope that will help you get started.
-- Fernando