[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA/NVidia

Peter Baker keys_sax@tpg.com.au
Fri Jun 1 08:01:01 2007

Hi All

I´ve noticed lots of email traffic about this and about ntfs at times.
As I finally replaced my 10 year old machine with a brand new one, I´m
now starting to play with planetccrma which is great!!

A friend of mineś solution which works well is not to use rpms but use
the shell script from the nvidia site. When it can´t find an appropriate
rpm the script prompts you and asks if it should build and install the
nvidia kernel modules. Of course you need to rerun the script each time
you get a new kernel but its pretty painless. See
http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html which also has legacy stuff

This works really well for me

Also on a related note, ntfs-3g from extras seems to work very well with
reading/writing ntfs partitions and avoids the kernel module kmod approach

Hope this helps someone

cheers
Peter