[PlanetCCRMA] Re: hitmuri

Nicholas Manojlovic nicholasmanojlovic@gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 00:52:01 2007

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Monday 16 July 2007 22:25, Randy Winchester wrote:
>>> Well I was only trying to give a bit of help to the OP that wanted to
>>> install Tapeutape, and havn't experienced Lash before, but anyway, this
>>> is what I get from the nslookup.
>>>
>>> $ nslookup localhost
>>> Server:         213.36.80.1
>>> Address:        213.36.80.1#53
>>>
>>> ** server can't find localhost: NXDOMAIN
>>>
>>> Looking though directly in the /etc/hosts file I see this.
>>>
>>> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
>>> # that require network functionality will fail.
>>> 127.0.0.1  localhost.localdomain localhost
>>>
>>> ::1  localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
>>>
>>> So that appears ok.
>>>
>>> Nigel.
>> Nigel,
>>
>> I seem to recall that it's the IPv6 line in /etc/hosts that causes
>> confusion with lash.  You might try commenting out the line
>>
>> ::1  localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
>>
>>   and rebooting.
>
> Yes. I was a bit suspicious about that line myself. At the the moment I'm
> booted up into FC5 on the same machine, and am downloading the deps for
> Tapeutape. Saying this, they're done, and installing, but I'll forego
> building Tapeutape on FC5, and reboot F7, and comment out that line.
>
> Lets see how it goes.
>
> Nigel.

well,

managed to make those changes to etc/hosts and etc/services and I am no
longer getting any error messages. Tranches and Tapeutape both load
okay, but neither seem to be connecting to jack, or at least, qjackctl
with any i/o options.

Will investigate further. i imagine I will need to get my feet wet in
lash before it gets any useful.