[PlanetCCRMA] fc6/7: new rt kernel; fc6/7: updated libgig

Thu Jul 5 22:31:01 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 22:48 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> Thank you for the upgrades and new packages. I just installed the
> kernel and ipw3945 packages in my laptop and for some reason the
> gnome-panel freezes right from the beginning, I can see the menus and
> launchers but they don't react to clicks. The applets don't show up at
> all so it might be one of them causing a problem. The Desktop is
> accessible. I'll do more testing and report back.

I imagine the culprit to be the ipw3945 driver not being happy in your
laptop (and the NetworkManager applet hanging because of that). Can you
start a terminal or switch to the text console to see what processes are
running? ("ps axuw" should print everything, I imagine the ones at the
bottom should be the ones hanging). Were you using the ilw3945 with the
Fedora kernels before? Most probably you should try to uninstall the new
ipw3945 and see if that fixes the problem...

-- Fernando