[PlanetCCRMA] alsa_pcm , all audioo inputs missing?

Mon Jul 2 20:58:02 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 20:19 -0400, sara lidgey wrote:
> Hey thanks.  I have tried rebooting a few times among several other
> experiments that, in the end, have left me worse for wear.

Hmmm, have you tried a cold reboot? (ie: turning off the machine).

> At this point I'd like to try removing all configuration for the card
> and just starting again, if thats even possible?

That should be possible. The state of the mixer (if it has been stored)
is in /etc/asound.state. Erasing that file should remove any "memory" of
settings. But that should not account for _inputs_ dissapearing, AFAIK
that is not really configurable through asound.state.

What do you see when you do a:

  cat /proc/asound/cards
and
  cat /proc/asound/devices