[PlanetCCRMA] Connecting USB audio interface a cause for disaster???

Henrik Frisk henrik.frisk@mhm.lu.se
Sun Jan 28 13:54:02 2007

Hello,

I bought a Terratec Phase 26 USB audio/MIDI interface. To just try to
see if it worked "out of the box" I connected it to my laptop (a Dell
Inspiron 640m). It powered up and everything looked alright but
something else came about and I didn't have time to try it. I shut the
computer down. Next time I tried to start the computer it wouldn't go
on. After some investigation it turned out the partition table was
broken. Is there any way connecting a USB interface can cause this to
happen? And if it is, what should I do to prevent this from happening again?

I was running FC5 and the core-edge-smp kernel.

/henrik