[PlanetCCRMA] New laptop and FC6+CCRMA: Jack stops all

Henrik Frisk Henrik.Frisk@mhm.lu.se
Tue Jan 16 12:18:01 2007

> >Are you able to hear sound from other apps when not using jack?
>
> For all that matters, Amarok plays the ogg files perfectly fine with
> Xine engine - at least my ears can't detect any clicks, neither
ogg123
> using artsd has any problems with the same files, no clicks... I am
> puzzled. I also streamed about 20 ogg files simulaneously, creating
> nice cacophony but no clicks I can distinguish! :)

I have the same problem with the same card in a Dell 640m. I can't
run Jack in duplex (same response as you've dexcribed). Playback only
works fine. Capture only is a little flaky.

Unfortunately I have not been able to come up with a solution.

/henrik