[PlanetCCRMA] MAUDIO USB Midi keyboard FC5

Thu Jan 11 15:55:00 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 15:51 -0500, Steven Schmidt wrote:
> I'm having a hard time getting the keyboard I had working on a RH9 planet
> system with ezusbmidi to work on a new FC5 system.  Can anyone recommend how
> I should be doing this?  Ezusbmidi seems like the wrong approach.  I never
> get the additional sound card mentioned in the nano howto with cat
> /proc/asound/cards.  Is there a new way to deal with USB devices in FC5?

The problem with the MAUDIO usb devices is that they require a firmware
download before they do anything, so if things were working before with
ezusbmidi (an open source firmware package for some of the MAUDIO usb
midi cards) they should after you upgrade - the catch is that I have not
released an ezusbimidi package for fcx.

But it has been reported that the package I made a long time ago for rh9
still works, so you could download that and install it...

-- Fernando