[PlanetCCRMA] Beatrix organ softsynth - MIDI input other than /dev/midi?

Len lenb_99@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 11:17:04 2007

Has anyone had luck specifying anything other than the hardware midi input port (/dev/midi) using
Beatrix?  Though Beatrix is not Jack-aware, I'm wondering if there's any way to modify the
"midi.device=/dev/midi" parameter (which works on my system, btw) in the Beatrix configuration
file to use, say, the output port of another software package, to control Beatrix (program change,
controllers) using the software instead of only an external (hardware) midi controller.  I would
just try it, but I can't seem to figure out what the "midi.device=" value should be.  I guess I'm
thinking about something along the lines of the midi ids shown by 'aconnect'.  Or are there other
"/dev/" entries that could be used instead, like "/dev/sequencer" or so?  I'll keep trying things,
but I wanted to see if anyone else has played with this before.  Thanks.  Len

Be a PS3 game guru.